Professional / Individual / Athletic Centred Run Coaching
There are a million online resources, books and apps available that claim they will help you train smarter, achieve that 10 km time you always dreamed of or get you off the couch and onto the pavements like an elite athlete. Many of them are very good, though none of them can see exactly how you are running or read between the lines of what is really going on in your training.
We honestly believe that absolutely every runner, or non-runner who wants to run, can and will benefit from having a running coach. UK Athletics share this belief and that is why they have invested the time and money in developing the Coach in Running Fitness Qualification.
This can be for complete beginners looking to take their first steps in a new life as a runner or a seasoned athlete who feel their training would benefit from a dedicated coach.
It is surprising how many runners are wandering through their training plans, ticking off the days, with no real understanding of the purpose of the session or how sometimes what they are doing is actually detrimental to the goal they are trying to achieve!
What a Good Running Coach Can Do for You:
- Build an individual SMART training program based on your specific goals / aims.
- Take into account your work patterns, life commitments, any health issues or lifestyle choices.
- Assist with basic in and out of competition nutrition / hydration needs and requirements, working with other health professionals where required.
- Provide personalised injury prevention techniques and work with Physiotherapists / Doctors / Consultants to rehabilitate injured runners back to full fitness.
- Help runners change form / technique to improve efficiency and overall running performance in a slow and controlled manner.
- Understand what it takes to motivate you to finish that difficult session, question why a performance wasn’t where it could have been, discuss / dissect race tactics or a workouts aims and work with the runner to find a way of moving up to reach that goal whether that be physical or mental.
- Simply be someone to share the journey with, running can be a lonely place at times, especially when the rain is falling and the wind is blowing!!
Why RunSmart Coaching
First and foremost, we simply want people to enjoy running!
Whether that be finally taking part in your local parkrun, beating that Personal Best or finishing the London Marathon for your chosen charity. We want it all to be done with a smile on your face.
RunSmart Coaching, while serious and professional will always be fun. We have not been elite athletes, we have families and understand the life pressures that come alongside trying to achieve your running goals. We will work with you on a personal level to understand your aims and build a program together that will give you the best chance to achieve them.
If you want to know more please check our RunSmart – Coaching Facebook page or use the contact form on the home page.
Please click on the pictures below for case studies from RunSmart members who have used the coaching service that we offer.